jangoloti ist offline
    Themen Starter

Title
    neuer Benutzer
    seit
    Danke

Standard Sporadic problems with T-COM WLAN DSL access

Dear all,

Sorry to use English, my German is too poor.

I have a T-COM WLAN DSL access (6000 now) on Windows XP and I have been having problems with the Internet connectivity. From time to time, the WLAN icon by the Clock would show a yellow traffic sign and my access would be cut. No specific reason for that, I only know that when the Online Control program did not work (it lasted some months), I had no problems at all. To recover the connection, I have to restart the WLAN Manager (by doing 'Funk aus' to stop the connection).

Does anybody have an idea of what is the problem?

Thanks for your help.

axmo ist offline

Title
    erfahrener Benutzer
    seit
    Danke

Standard

Hi,
    it should be no problem to talk English

How long is the distance between your pc and your router?
    Are there any walls?

Sonicwave ist offline

Title
    Co-Administrator
    seit
    Danke

Standard

Do you have the same problem if you are deleting the WLAN-Key? (Do not forget to enter the Key after tying agian)
    It could be a distance problem (bad Signal) and/or different WLAN Device Producers (Sinus Router an another WLAN-Card Producer)

Have you updated your Router Firmware?
    If you have an T-Com Sinus WLAN Router then visit the T-Com Website to update your Firmware. Here you have the direkt Link:
    https://www.telekom.de/etelco/downloa...1043-1,00.html

jangoloti ist offline
    Themen Starter

Title
    neuer Benutzer
    seit
    Danke

Standard Sporadic problems with T-COM WLAN DSL access - Further info

Thanks for your interest . Tackling questions one by one:

1. Yes, there are walls but the Signalstärke and Verbingungsqualität are Gut. In addition, with no walls or at least line-of-sight 'almost' clear, I had the same problems.

2. I have not yet updated the firmware, I have version 1.10 installed when 1.12 is available. Did not do it yet because the Firmwareandërungen do not seem to have covered this issue since.

3. For some reason, during some months the Online Control program would not step in and start during PC start-up, and during that same time I had no issues with the connection.

4. When having problems, the connection itself (on WLAN manager) did actually never give problems, the Signalstärke and the rest are always OK, but the WLAN icon by the clock would show a warning saying that 'the Internet connectivity is low or null' or something like that (I have the Spanish Windows XP)

So I think that somehow it is linked to the Online Control program (version 1.1.22), which seems to be unnecessary to say the least. I can actually click on Beenden and not loose the connection.

What do you mean with deleting the WLAN-Key? Should I put AUS in the Verschlüsselung case?